So looking to do something this spring with the back of the MJ. Want to shorten it. Either lose the bed altogether or to keep it, use it, make it work or just go full on tube and link it and go full nine yard truggy. So question to you are what are some ideas that would be beneficial to my build for the tight terrian with rocks and loose dirt make up most of my wheeling, but still make it a capable cross crountry camping friendly rig for them summer trips, all the mean while still driven to and from the trail, UA style. Looking for pics, advice and links of all related to bedsides fab jobs. For those also looking for ideas and that not only want to but may have a rusty bed side, that with some creative ideas could be sulage and still used and look good.

I was looking at yours off naxja site, but since I won't pay anything anymore to their site I no longer allowed to be involed in the tech question forums. So going to start one here as we need one here anyways.

Love the look, couner guards and all. Vthought about my long bed and how mucg I need to cut it down to get it looking that good. My biggest thing is I stretch the front 5" cause I will be shortening the rear up quite a bit. With about 123.5" wb right now, I want to bring the back up to make wb around 110". So either chopping the bed or doing away with the bed alltogether, so sell the bed and corner guards

I have the same problem just not as bad. The fronts streched about 2" putting it around 114.5" WB

Its nice to be able to climb anything I point it at but the WB makes it tough in tight trails and the exposed belly area sucks in the rocks.

I've been thinking about bobbing 4"-5" off the front of the bed and shortening the frame to around 110" WB. Just not sure if its worth it for 4"-5" of WB.

I thought about loosing the bed but its nice to have.

My truck still sees road use so the bed comes in handy when I'm out running around, its also nice to be able to load it up with gear and go camping or exploring.

Well I thought if I keep it I would try to put a bench seat in the back and remove the rear window and cab section and cage it for the stiffness and make box part of cab. Then have a removable soft top for summer and still pull seat and have full bed space for under the stars with me lady. ;) then could also fit the kids in and have full cage. Like the old forerunners looked.

I think it would be pretty tough to cut the frame behind the cab and shorten it. There's too much sweep in the rail and it never really flattens to a point where you could take a section. But, looking at the saddles for the front leaf and the rear shackle, there's some room to slide them forward about 5 inches. It would be some heavy duty spot weld drilling, but I bet you could bust them loose and reweld them 5 inches toward the front. Of course, your left with a wheel well that wouldn't work with the the frame mod. Guess you'd be back to hacking the bed up...

I wasn't talking curting frame behind cab, if did it be all tube. I was talking cutting the wall section out underneath the window and intragate the bed floor as part of cab floor. Then put a full xj type cage in and that stiffen whole thing up then mount a removable bench seat. Then have choice of crusin with top off and doors off. Be awesome for summer days wheeling. Then just boobed the rear. Which I could do all this plus just move leafs forward like you mentioned.ummmm.... need to draw up some ideas, kind just figuredout what I want to do. :