Roll Bar Removal

In removing a MJ rollbar from a donor, I understand there are plates under the bed that should be kept. Under kicker legs and front hoop.

Are there other bracketry under the front hoop that should/could be removed? Somehow I remember seeing some on a factory drawing of some sort.

I might be wrong...   :???:

Great pics Skidoo_i.

89Tonto...Are you removing the roll bar yourself?

The donor truck I used for the roll bar was pretty new at the time, probably a 87-88 and way back in 1991. Top side the fasteners are internal Torx, probably a T50 or T55 from what I remember. They were not easy coming out, might have even put heat to them. Can only imagine how hard they'll be on a Mid-west truck 20 years later. There's also a rubber insulator between the roll bar and the bed that you can salvage. The brackets are pretty hard to get lined up on the new installation. You'll line the roll bar up, drill the new bed and then have to wrestle the brackets around until you get them lined up.

BTW, I really like the short bed factory roll bar look.

Thanks Skidoo_i: Those were perfect! :thumbsup:

Bornindesert: you are 100% correct. I would be dealing with a '86 rusty mess. It would take power tools, a torch and plenty of patience. Thanks for your input.

I wish I had known sooner about these brackets before that SWB donor MJ went to scrap pile last year, :doh: