Side Triangle Vent Window Leak

I took a different route on my first rig, which was a '70 Datsun 520 pickup.  The rubber gaskets was still pliable with no rips or breaks, so I wiped them down with acetone, paying extra attention to the nooks and crannies that the glass didn't contact.  Then I lightly greased both the glass and the metal frame that the glass was set into, being careful not to get any grease on my freshly cleaned rubber gasket.  Using black silicone (don't remember the brand, but it was for 'weather stripping repair') I carefully coated the entire perimeter of the rubber gasket where the window/window frame would make contact with about 1/8" bead, starting with those 'nooks and crannies' mentioned above.  I let the silicone set about 20 minutes, then gently closed the window WITHOUT latching it and left everything alone until the silicone was fully cured. (actually, I think I forgot about it for a couple days because I had a new girlfriend. LOL)  Once the silicone had cured, I opened the window and wiped off the grease film that prevented the window/window frame and silicone from bonding, then went on my merry way.

The result for me was a 'thicker' sealing surface that was somewhat formed to the window/window frame that sucked up tight when I latched the window.  I drove the wheels off that little pickup for years, and never again had either a water leak or whistle from those windows.  And yes, I used both windows often so that my '580' air conditioning would work, since I lived in Phoenix Arizona at the time...