Stumped, Clutch Problems

After a long grueling weekend of freezing my butt off putting a new slave cylinder and new clutch in my truck I still have the same result, the pedal randomly goes straight to the floor with NO pressure whatsoever when going to shift from any gear to any gear or when you first get in the truck and start it up to shift into first you have to pump the pedal 5-10 times to get pressure. Everything is brand new, clutch master cylinder, new hydraulic hose, new mopar internal slave, new Luk clutch and pressure plate. There's no leaks and all new fluid, I've bleed it several times before and after this weekends work only to have the same problem and be twice as mad!!!!! :throwswrenches:

where did you buy the master and slave? I went through almost that same thing. swapped out the master and slave about 4 times with new ones before I got the right combo and was able to bleed it. musta been a batch of faulty parts.

Yup bench bleed the master and I got the master from advanced auto and the slave is a oem mopar one. I've bleed the system countless times before I changed the slave and clutch this past weekend, the old slave didnt slide easily and the clutch didn't have much life left and bleed it 5 times yesterday to no avail :(

One of em has to be suckin in air from somewhere. As much as I hate to say it and I know it sucks @$$ but I'd swap em out for new ones.... Fortunately for me I have an external slave. Youll know its fixed cause it should only take one time and about 5 mins to bleed it and have everything working.

Whats the rod depth like? If the rod is pushing on the cup at all times you will have this issue. You need to have the factory gap between the end of the rod and the cup of the master cyl piston.

I'm totally going from experience with tons of other cars ive worked on here. I havent ever looked at how a comanche master is. But 99% of cars out there, the rod is adjustable for just this reason.

Also as others have said you could have a brand new bad master cyl. The cups shrink and then you have to kick it a few times to get it to operate properly again.

I literally JUST came in from my shop, fixing a nissan clutch issue that was.... improper rod depth. He had it too short and like an inch between the rod end and master piston.. lol. Supposed to be like an 1/8 inch. I don't even know how he drove it.

Hope this helps.

That may exactly be my issue since my pedal is missing the plastic grommet that connects to the rod and I guess isn't pushing far enough. Also it sounds like the cup shrunk because when I get in every morning for work I push the pedal like 5 times before there's pressure on it. Thanks for the input I'll fiddle with that later today. comanchetruggy.gif

Good info, I have some issues going on right now myself. Seems the slave won't stay attached to the trans. Have you always had the AX 15? I have a the BA 10 but I believe when it comes to the clutch they are the same. We have swap all the parts out too. but not all at once. The part that helped the most in getting firmness was the master. I did not recall that the shaft at the pedal was adjustable. I'll be checking mine real soon.