From Control Arm Bushing Replacement Advice

I'm planning on replacing my upper and lower control arm bushings on my 89 SWB 2 wheel drive Manche, I know there are replacement control arms available but I already have the bushings, I work at a shop and have access to a hoist and air tools can you guys please give me some advice and or tips on what to expect, thanks In advance guys.

When I did mine I just used the ball joint press with the 4x4 cup kit from harbor freight. I used alot of PB-blaster and a couple wacks with a bfh. The rubber pulled through on one of the upper axle first and then i beat the cup in then folded it out. I read where people have burned them out, seem way to messy and noxious for me. And read where some people just use a bfh. If you removed the arms and used a shop press the arms would go really fast. The upper axles would be your biggest pain then. Definitely harder doing it on the truck depending your available tools. If you have to use a ball joint press with a thread pusher i'd keep it attached to the truck.

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean if "I use a shop press the arms will go really fast" do you mean they'll buckle and deform, or I'll be able to get it done quickly?

No just if you pulled the arms off and used a shop press to get out old bushings it will go way way faster (time wise) then if you sit there with a ball joint press and a ratchet or impact gun. Although a shop press would have the disadvantage that it could cause much greater damage due to added force, so just make sure it's supported well. If i had a shop press when I did mine I would have jumped all over it.