Need Emissions Mechanic In Denver, Co

Guys -- My 1986 Jeep Comanche failed Colorado emissions test on Saturday morning. I've called three Jeep dealerships in town. Apparently none of them have diagnostic equipment old enough to look at this thing. Anyone suggest a mechanic for me in metro Denver who can take care of this? Thanks!

There are only a few things to cause a failed smog on a Renix 4.0L

• O2 sensor - have you ever changed it?
  • Coolant temp sensor - not the sender, not the switch, the SENSOR on the lower block, under the manifold.
  • Charcoal cannister - usually the tank vent hoses rot out and cause a large leak.
  • NEW gas cap!!!
  • Vacuum lines - easy to check, easy to replace

Does anyone have the Renix sensor diagnostic link...mine's at home.

Most of this stuff is SUPER easy to fix, no major mechanical knowledge needed. If someone can provide that "lunghd" link you'll likely be able to do it yourself.

Paradise....... Um....... it's an '86 MJ. Won't have a 4.0L........ they had either a 2.5L 4 cyl or 2.8L V6.

While good info, it won't pertain necessarily to his truck. Lets also not forget that a bad catalytic converter can cause an otherwise good running truck to fail emissions.

Those 2.8's are a nightmare where emissions are concerned.

If it failed by just a few points on CO emissions, put a bottle of denatured alcohol into the gas tank with about half a tank of fuel. Take it back for a re-test. It works wonders.

If it failed for high NOx, it's generally the catalytic converter breaking down. I've had 3 jeeps fail for high NOx and tried lots of the usual tricks....... but it always required that the cat converter be replaced to pass.

I have a buddy that does quality mechanic work on the side and has lots of Jeep experience who could look at it for ya. He's in the area of Yosemite and Hampden in east Denver.

PM me and I can put you in touch with him.