Electrical Problems

Is the "headlight switch relay" the headlight switch 5971047_bwd_s940_pri_mini.jpg , the headlight dimmer switch 3965287_acd_d834_pri_mini.jpg or something else I can't find? My clock works when the headlights are off, no dash lights, had to jerry rig the radio to work (jumped off another fuse). Is the headlight dimmer switch just the back half of the headlight switch, and if so why is it more expensive than the whole thing?

Thanks,

Aaron

Is the "headlight switch relay" the headlight switch 5971047_bwd_s940_pri_mini.jpg , the headlight dimmer switch 3965287_acd_d834_pri_mini.jpg or something else I can't find? My clock works when the headlights are off, no dash lights, had to jerry rig the radio to work (jumped off another fuse). Is the headlight dimmer switch just the back half of the headlight switch, and if so why is it more expensive than the whole thing?

Thanks,

Aaron

What's behind door #1. The headlight switch is the relay.

The clock has two power feeds. When you turn on the lights, the over ride source kicks in. This override dimmed the illumination light on the clock and radio. Since the clock goes dark when you turn on the lights, I would replace that switch.