Sbfand Bronco Parts

Anything can be made to work, but if you are looking for a direct swap this probably aint it. You will probably have to shorten your driveshafts and get a custom wiring harness. Also make sure the Tcase is on the drivers side, not sure if its even possible, but you might want to see if the tcase can be rotated (reclocked?) into the correct position.

hope this helped

Fords are drivers side drop so the drop is correct. Best way if you want to keep with EFI is a Mustang's setup. It is pretty much a stand alone kit when it comes to the wiring and ECU so it is easy to mate into yours. It all matters what transfer case it has to how low it will hang. If it's a full size Bronco (forget what year they stopped making them) then you might run into issues in getting the transfer case to fit between the rails of the Comanche as the transfer case if fairly large.

I was about to drop a 351W into my Jeep (and still might) but got a great deal on a lot of the swap parts for a 350. I have looked extensively into it as it's essentially the same as a 302 (looked into the 302 also but liked the truck 351W better) so I can answer questions up to the point of dropping her in.

Welll my manche is 2wd anyways. I think i need to see whether the trans/tcase is mechanical or electrical. Will carb the 302 for simplicity i think. I have a friend with a.200k mile '96 xj that blew a rod through the oil pan and hes at college so it sits... maybe put a 302 in that?

A stock 302 with a carb isn't really going to make all that much noticeable difference in power than a 4.0L swap. The '95 302 was rated at 195hp and 270ft/lb of torque while the '95 4.0L engine produced 190hp and 225ft/lb of torque ('96 produced the same numbers), this is also on a fuel injected motor. From my experience with carb is that unless you dump a good bit of cash into it, you'll be losing power. Now before anyone yells at me about that statement, I'm comparing essentially stock setup to stock setup. The 302 does have a lot of aftermarket support but the potential comes down to what you want to do with it and how deep your pockets are.

If I were doing the swap, I'd keep fuel injection and swap on a GT40 intake (maybe even the heads also if they can be found cheap enough). I'd port and polish the heads and gasket match the intake and that'll let her flow a lot better. Might need to go to larger injectors also but it comes down to how crazy you want to go. Since your signature says you have a Mustang with bolt ons, I'm sure you ran into a few of these options on that already.