High Brake Pedal After Booster Upgrade?...

Installing an upgraded booster in my 88 2wd MJ. The booster came out of a 2000 XJ. Plumbed all the lines and such and when i went to bolt up the petal I noticed it sat WAY higher than it did before!

I have the metal spacer behind the foam on the booster but added some custom spacers to help drop it back a bit, it has helped some but its still at a decent height. Are there an issues I'm not aware of or is this just a by product of this model booster? I have a duel booster out of a 96 XJ in my Blue 88 and it acctually made the pedal sit a bit lower.

Thanks for any advice!

Just did this on my xj, used a 99 xj booster/master.

The pushrod is indeed longer. If forced to use the existing hole on the brake pedal it put the pushrod in a bind on the edge of the booster neck.

And made the pedal high.

I eyeballed where I thought it needed to be (I think about 1 1/2" lower) and drilled a new hole for the pushrod bolt.

If I was to do it again (and I probably will, on the mj) I will probably get the later pedal, and save drilling the pushrod and pedal.

BTW, I got a Chevy brakelight switch, and used the existing bracket to mount it, did away with the funky Ford style one.

Great to have brakes.

Edit: While I had the pedal out, I cut 1 1/2" from the right side of the steel pad, following the same angle, then trimmed the pad the same amount between the ribs, the little rib on the backside needs a little trimming also, and glued it in place with some "liquid nails" (don't laugh, it's what I had handy), put a zip tie around it to hold it in place while it dried, this gave me some more foot room, my right foot thanks me daily and I no longer am hitting the brake/throttle at the same time. I don't have to C#*@ my foot to the tunnel now.