Molded Gasket - Dakota 2.5?

Decided to get another valve cover gasket. To no surprise, the cork is finally giving up the ghost again; plus, I'm giving the truck a tune up anyway, so it was time for another. Found this nice (but pricey) gasket on Advance Auto's listing under a '98 2.5 Dakota (PN: VS 50502 R). Looks like the same one I have on my oil pan (also found under a '98 2.5 Dakota) and like one's I've seen for the 4.0s.

I know about the "Crush Spacers" on the 2.5 aluminum valve cover, but am unsure if the Dakota uses the same style on the newer 2.5s. Has anybody tried using this gasket on a Renix 2.5? If not, I might just pony up the money to give it a test; either that, or take in my spare aluminum valve cover to see if they can let me test it out. :dunno:

15780461_fel_vs50502r_pri_larg.jpg

Rejoice my 2.5 brethren; finally found a solution for those of us who hate using those $#!&ty cork gaskets.

Went and picked up the 98 2.5 gasket I posted earlier about. $28 later. Fits like a glove, and is the same quality as the one piece one I picked up for the oil pan earlier this year. This one will only fit the aluminum valve cover, so you guys still running the plastic are stuck with the cork / rubber combos. One more potential oil leak I can eliminate for good now.

Hopefully this will be the last pricey purchase; trying to cut back on $ spending for a while... :ack:

OS 34007 R - 1 Piece oil pan gasket

From the description and pictures of it on the website, it looks nothing like the one I bought previously. In fact, I can't find that particular gasket anymore at all! :fs1:

My advice is to buy at least 2 of those nice valve cover gaskets and hope they don't discontinue them like I'm assuming they did with the nicer oil pan ones.