Brands/sizes For Aggressive, Skinny Snow Tires

From a popular mechanics article I read a while back, nitrogen doesn't move through rubber quite so easily as oxygen does, so tires are less likely to lose pressure, also nitrogen doesn't change volume quite as much as regular air with temperature swings, so you get a more stable pressure. There's also much less chance of ending up with water from water vapour in compressed air.

I personally didn't think it's worth the extra $50 (air is about 79% nitrogen anyway) but to each his own. Somehow I still wound up with it, but I'm not complaining.

Well, technically, yes, they're m+s, so that means they're supposedly alright in snow. They don't have the snow-peak rating (see below) so they're not going to be the worlds best on snow/ice, but the 225's are snow-peak rated. They had some in the shop when I went in, and apart from the size, they looked exactly the same, so :dunno:

09_MS_and_Snowflake_Marking.png

Snow-peak rating: see the red snowflake on a mountain? It means the tire's been compared to some standard in performance. m+s is just big tread block with gaps between.

After driving around in the inch and a bit of snow we got this afternoon, I'd say they're pretty darned good. Better than the old tires were in the wet. It's not perfect traction, like I still needed to be a little careful with the throttle, but even in 2wd I could still be the fastest away from a light. (industry standard test that, lol.)