Proportioning valve

Not much to it, they're basically the same valve except the XJ one doesn't have the extra rear "safety" line circuit in it. You just have to cap off/pull out that line on your MJ. The rears then get fed by the bottom front circuit on the prop valve (vs. the out-the-front one on the MJ valve, which isn't there on the XJ one)

Jeff

As above.

The rear line you want to remove is the one going to the rear, load-sensing proportioning valve. You should by-pass that entirely if you change to the XJ combination valve, otherwise you'll be running two proportioning valves in series, and my head hurts just thinking about that.

Well when I went to do this mod, I got to looking at the used proportioning valve I had (90 xj), and realized that the return line from the hieght proportioning valve is Just plugged off on the xj one :shock: Needless to say I only realized this after I broke one of my hard line going to the rear :cry: so I am going to have to replace it anyways, But i figured I would pass this ont o you guys.

Patrick