rain guard trim?

How do i put remove and put the rain guard trim on above the doors? I ask because the driver's side rain guard trim had been missing for the past 10 years or so, and my grandfather found it in his garage the other day.. needless to say i want to put it on and repaint the other one to match.

There are clips holding them on and some kind of glue. I pryed them off with a small screwdriver. I've removed mine because I'm painting my truck. The glue dries hard, I had to remove it today. My last truck had one removed by a tree limb and I just popped it on with the clips. I don't recall the glue residue on my other truck. Might have been used later, since I discovered prior body work on the roof.

Theres' been no glue on any of my gutter trim. I just pinched them with my fingers and was able to roll them right off the entire length of my XJ. The MJ is much easier...there are only three clips. You have to get the clips on the metal just right...it helped me to open up the clips just a tad with a screwdriver.