Renix box inside cab? rattling

I kept hearing a rattle under the dash (86 Comanche 2.5, 5 spd ) tracked it down to a box mounted to the left of the ashtray. It says Renix on it, with a large bundle of wires coming out of it. The manuals I have says it is located near the battery. I've felt around, and nothing seems to be loose. There is what seems to be a plate it is attachet to. I tie wired it tight and it seems to have stopped rattlaling. The truck also stumbles / hestates while driving. As of today it does'nt. Any coments...sugestions? Pics

And what the heck does this hose do???

Thanks people!

Jim

Duh for me on the hose, I should have figured that out! Well it sounds like the ecu tells the engine what to do. Could certainly explain the on / off performance issues. I don't want to ask, but that's probly an expensive item to replace? Also probly be a dealer item (yikes). Would you just remove the cover and replace a unit inside, like a circut board or something?

This would be what is inside the box maybe? There was a pic, but it didn't copy.

Cardone Reman/Engine Control Computer Part Number: 79-2099

Warranty: 1 YR

Application: With manual transmission

Notes: Units are pre-programmed at the factory and ready for installation with no further programming required.

Price: $73.99

+Core: A "Core" is an item that has the ability to be rebuilt by the manufacturer using new replacement parts. Rebuilding these items helps to reduce product cost as well as aid in recycling efforts which helps the environment. When the old part is returned to AutoZone, we refund the core charge to you. $30.00

STORE PICK UP

SPECIAL ORDERSHIP TO HOME

AVAILABLE