1989 Renix No-start Condition issue

CPS+slot.jpg

Here is the CPS diagram for drilling out the sensor so it can sit closer to the flywheel for better contact. Drilling out "A" can give a small amount of movement towards the flywheel. Push down onto the sensor while tightening the sensor to make sure it is pressed as far as it can go. Make sure you only use one-two drill bits bigger than the one that fits originally in the hole.. or else the sensor could come too close to the flywheel and ruin the sensor. (disregard these tags; for search purposes) Tags: CPS, Sensor, renix, jeep, 4.0L, drilling, drill, modification, no-start, no, start, electrical, plug, wires, flywheel, help, rough, running, stalling, spark.

haha I seen that! :shake: It actully has been running good so far. I upgraded my grounds using what that link on page one told me to do. Ill post pictures of what cables I used and where I put them. But no, I have not adjusted my TPS. But I tested it with a multimeter and it turned out to be OK.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I know this is an old post but I am hoping someone here can help. I have a 1986 Phazer with a 2.2 Renault engine. It will start and run for about 3 to 4 minutes and then die. It will not start again for several hours. I can actually smell under the hood like something is getting hot but I have been unable to locate it. I have gone through everything except replacing the ICM which I see is hard to get. Any suggestions?

I know this is an old post but I am hoping someone here can help. I have a 1986 Phazer with a 2.2 Renault engine. It will start and run for about 3 to 4 minutes and then die. It will not start again for several hours. I can actually smell under the hood like something is getting hot but I have been unable to locate it. I have gone through everything except replacing the ICM which I see is hard to get. Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

does it die suddenly or does it struggle for a bit and then die?