2006 Dodge no go

jimoshel

I just changed both filters and cleaned everything on the GF 2006 Dodge 1500 transmission. 5.7, auto, 4WD. Now it won't move. Went thru 3 filters. The auto parts store kept giving me the wrong one. The last one was the right one. Spent over 2 hours searching the net with no joy. Move the shift lever thru all positions, nothing. Acts like the shift lever is disconnected and/or it's not getting fluid from the pan into the tranny. Got 6qts of ATF+4 in it. Any ideas? :dunno: I hate new cars. Give me my over 20 year old Jeep.

That's not it. Just ran it through all drive positions and nada. Any way after a nights rest and cooling off to where I can think I've decided it's got to be the seal where the filter tube plugs into the tran body. It's sucking air, not fluid. It's a good thing I enjoy crawling under trucks and dropping pans or I would be p*ssed. :fs1:

It was sucking air all right. The , expletive, filter came out of the ,expletive, hole and was just hanging there by the ,expletive, screw. When I tried putting it back the fit was so sloppy it wouldn't stay. Another trip back to AutoZone and a vent of my feelings on the poor guy behind the counter. Expletive :wrench:

So is it not customary to swear on CC? If i need to i will use some very choice words when explaining something, and i don't self censor.. ever. lol

And you will be warned! If you continue you will be given a time out. I am pretty sure you are adult enough to be able to get your point across without using your choice words.

So is it not customary to swear on CC? If i need to i will use some very choice words when explaining something, and i don't self censor.. ever. lol

And you will be warned! If you continue you will be given a time out. I am pretty sure you are adult enough to be able to get your point across without using your choice words.

CC has an auto sensor for the most common words, but if you try to skirt the filter my intentionally misspelling them, or get around it, as shelbyluvv said, a warning will be shot your way.

Filter:

@#$% (4 letter f word)

$#!& (4 letter s word)

@$#% (4 letter c word)

lady of the night (5 letters, woman who works on a corner)

What always gets me, is that in order to censor the words, they all have to be manually entered. With Pete being such a clean and nice guy, I get a little chuckle when I picture him sitting down and typing out all these words... Poor Pete.

Rob

It's goin. Used Syn ATF+++. Definitely shifts much smoother, Tip: When replacing the flat filter in the transmission, remove the seal from the filter. Put it in place in the trans. Using a hammer tap it gently until it's seated. Then install the filter. Don't leave it on the filter and try to install them. Near as I can tell that was my problem. All the stuff I read trying to figure out what was wrong, not one source mentioned that. :wrench:

When I replaced the filter on my WJ with the 5/45RFE trans it came with instuctions and a BIG note that says not to put it on the filter first.

Hopefully you used a good filter. I had an issue with the Jeep stalling. Only once a day in the morning, at a stop light. After I melted my brain trying to figure it out I finally did. It was a bad filter from Autozone. I replaced it with a NAPA one and never had another problem.