starting problems

Could any of these vacuum lines or electrical wires have anything to do with the starter or cause this truck to not start suddenly?

This has happened twice. I crank it and it acts like a low battery. Turn the key off and back on then it started just fine. I drove to work and turned it off. Tried to crank it again immediately and it lugged then started.

Next day it cranked like a charm in the morning and again after work.

Today, cranks just fine first time out then I get home and turn it off. Tried to crank again and nothing. Second time and it started but it sounded like something was spinning a little under the hood. I get it backed into the drive way and turn it off. Try to crank again and nothing. once or twice it acted like it was going to turn over then nothing. No sounds no clicking, not nothing. I have lights, guages and power but not starting.

The starter is almost brand new. I put that on last fall. Don't think it's the battery because when it does crank it's perfect. The only thing I've done to it is what we did under the car bleeding the clutch and cutting those melted vacuum lines and two electrical lines that feed back to the rear transaxle.

Any ideas?