Pending deal! important

91s don't have a knock sensor, my 90 does, the only thing i can think of is that the plug for the knock sensor is still there its just not used on 91s and later, if thats the case then all this :wall: was over nothing.

1991 was the first year for the OBDI ignition system. 1990 was the last year of the Renix system. The underhood harness's are completely different. There is no provision for a knock sensor or any other Renix sensor on the 91 harness. If you use a 91 harness you will have to use OBDI sensors. Or you can put in the newer OBDI engine and use the 90 harness with the Renix sensors.

Before this thread is compeletly dead, there is something i would like to understand.

That is, does the TCU and ECU communcate during either OBD1 or Renix era?

If they don't, meaning that there are NO wires that go to both devices, this should mean that the plugs that go from the TB to the TCU could be unplugged, removed, and simply plugged back in, no need for a total harness swap.

For anybody else thinking of doing this swap don't follow this writeup, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1053970

I'm sure some of whats in there is good stuff you can go on, but just make sure you do your homework before taking the plunge.