No gauges work except speedo? Help!

My fuel and oil gauges were not working, and tach was off by about 800 RPMs. The other gauges worked. I got a stereo installed, and got in the truck, and none of my gauges worked except the speedo. My guess here, is that they bumped one of the wires, and knocked the instrument cable out of the back, so none of them are working now. I don't want them @#$%ing with my truck, so I'd rather do it myself. Unless, of course, this happens to be a bad ground- then I'll go back, give them a b*@$£ fit and have them fix it. Anyone experienced the same thing?

Also, can anyone link me to a DIY about taking out the cluster? Got the bezel off, unscrewed the cluster, and can't get it to come all of the way out. :wall: Did some searching but to no avail. The love/hate with my Jeep begins! :wrench:

There is a hold down clip along the frame rail about mid-point from the transmission to the firewall. Remove this clip (10mm socket) and you will get about 2-3 inches of slack in the cable, allowing you to pull the cluster enough to see and feel.

I had the no guages issue before. It ended up being the "GUAGES" fuse in the fuse box not making good contact due to corrosion buildup. At one point I would be driving along, they would go out, and I would stick my foot up in the fuse box area to touch them to get them working again. See if that makes a differance before pulling too much stuff out. Good luck.

Talked to the stereo installer today, and he said that it was indeed the fuses. They say (I have yet to check) that the metal clips holding in the fuses are loose. Is this common? Can it be fixed without going to the JY and pulling out a new fuse box?

A few days ago I pulled every fuse and cleaned each terminal as best I could. I also used a very narrow flat screwdriver to gently pry each side of every terminal toward the center to tighten up the spacing. This works if the terminals are in good shape. Two of mine broke off as soon as pressure was applied so you may find some brittle ones.