Door Jamb Switch

Went out of my way a few days ago out to the CarQuest where my GF works at to bring her some breakfast, and buy a few parts from her store. Bought this little sucker with the intent to replace my crappy one on the passenger side of the cab that only works 25% of the time. Problem with the new one is that it isn't a single spade like the old one; it's a plastic wedge piece.

25889178299_AIO.jpg

Removed the old one, and left the wiring sitting out of the hole enough to grab it with a pair of needlenose, and just as luck would have it, it got bumped into back into the depths of the inside of the cab.

What exactly do I need to remove to gain access to be able to run it though the proper hole and screw in a new DJS? Also, anybody got a lead on a new DJS? The one from CQ doesn't fit at all; Exact fitting my @$$. :shake: Hopefully it wasn't one of those rare, "AMC ONLY" dealer parts I hear about from time to time. :ack: :roll:

I'm making a P&P run with a buddy of mine Tuesday morning to Orlando and Daytona Beach; and there's at least 10 Cherokees in each I can pull at least 4 out of. Inquiring minds want to know in case of premature failure of the junk ones... :yes: