Interior Cleaning

Any recommendations on products to clean interior vinyl? Need to clean interior panels (hard) and vinyl parts of seats. I have the interior stripped out for floor repair and coating and would like to clean everything well before/as I re-install.

I've cleaned the interior of each truck upon purchase and have used various cleaning products. It depends on how filthy and sticky things are. 90% of grime will come off with warm water & dish soap or 409 if it seems stubborn. Be sure to rinse with clean water and air dry completely. A green scrub pad and a bristle brush should get everything.

Dish washing products typically have the highest percentage detergent of the house hold stuff - Laboratory cleaners like "Micro"(my favorite) are almost pure detergent with no foaming agents. Use with Soft/distilled/deionised water-Makes a dif - -This time of year I collect condensate from my homes AC units for cleaning, battery & anti freeze stuff - - - - I use compressed air before vacuuming carpets & have cleaned some horribly stained/filthy minivan carpets at the car wash - Just clamp 'em in the floor mat holders & it's magic. Good Luck

:wrench:

I gotta swear by OXY-CLEAN.

I removed my nasty greasy seat belts from my MJ project and soaked them overnight "just to see" if it'd work. When I came out the next morning and just rinsed them off they looked brand spankin' new.

I've also used it on junkyard seats that were nasty and they came out clean as a whistle, did my carpet too.

Thanks for the ideas. The fabric part of the seats are pretty clean, have some upholstery cleaner for that. I was thinking simple green on the hard plastics (kick panels, B pillar and door trim, and console) but will try the dish detergent first. Oxy-Clean on the seat belts? I'll have to try that as mine are fairly grubby. Anything

Ng not to use on the dash?