A little wiper help

I need a little wiper help.

They died. I was caught in a rain, and they completely failed me.

I replaced the relay/breaker...... Nothing

I removed the delay module and direct connected the plugs.... Nothing

I took the cowl off and disconnected the motor plug. I used my ohm meter see if I was getting power to that point. The switch was in the HIGH position... Nothing

Then, when I plugged the cable back together, the motor turned over and the wiper control arms moved, thru about 3 cycles. Then they stopped for 15 seconds, and then made one more cycle......then nothing.

Since then, I haven't been able to get any response.

Ideas?

Does seem to indicate switch issues or a dying motor?

Thanks (in advance) for your help.

Do you have an up-scale model with a wiper delay (intermittent) feature? If so, under the dash over your left knee (IIRC) there's a wiper depay module that's inserted between the two halves of a harness connector. If you can find it, remove the delay module and see if the wipers will function in two-speed mode.

If so, it's the intermittent module that's bad.

Thanks for the tip, but that was one of first things I tried. (see line 4 of my original post)

I'm testing with the delay module removed and the wires plugged back together.

New info. The washer pump is also not working. It worked the last time I used it.

The wipers will now work on high, but with odd delays. It is almost like the delay module is I'm place, but it isn't

The relay/breaker is quite warm

I believe something is shorting out! But I haven't found it yet

I'll be doing extensive multimeter tests in the next day or 2, as soon as the schedule allows

: yeah that: :agree: Had the same symptoms you posted , it was the column switch on mine . There are a number of " How To " threads with pictures to help you through the replacement process . In the meantime , just plug-in the new switch at the column junction to get you by until you have studied up on the swap procedure . :yes: I won't kid you .....It's a SOB job :headpop: :cheers: