Rattle when I accelerate

It's that knocking sound when I accelerate. I call it lifter rattle. Not sure what it really is. It gets faster as the engine revs but stops when I'm sitting still. The oil is good. The pressure is good. Oil pressure is about 40 at 65mph.

I ideas?

If it's coming from the top of the engine then it's probably a collapsed lifter. If you take off the valve cover and tap the engine until the valve is completely closed then you should be able to wiggle one to see which one of the twelve is the culprit.

You can try putting in oil stabilizer or Mystery Oil to see if it will pump the lifter up. If it doesn't then the lifter will need to be replaced, that involves removing the head.

It's that knocking sound when I accelerate. I call it lifter rattle. Not sure what it really is. It gets faster as the engine revs but stops when I'm sitting still. The oil is good. The pressure is good. Oil pressure is about 40 at 65mph.

I ideas?

What brand of oil filter are you using?

I ideas?

What brand of oil filter are you using?

Whatever the Valvoline oil change place put in. Not sure.

You can try putting in oil stabilizer or Mystery Oil to see if it will pump the lifter up. If it doesn't then the lifter will need to be replaced, that involves removing the head.

That sounds complicated. I've never done it.

No and honestly, it's been a while since I've changed the filter. I just keep adding because I'm losing about a quart every 2 weeks or so from blow by. I'll take it in and have it changed.

Do it yourself.

Use a Wix or Napa Gold filter.

And, your blowby could be caused by clogged CCV hose from the rear top of the valve cover to the intake manifold. Really could be that simple.