queation about dana 44 swap from rear

Hey guys I have a question I found a 87comanche with.a.dana 44 rear but I want to know whats is the big commotion for the swap...i mean is it only good for heavy towing? Bigger tires? I mean I.have a 2.5 with 4.11 gears but I want to know more facts why you guys would go.for the swap? Sorry about my spelling still trying to get used to a touch screen phone...thanks

Walt

for most of us with the 4.0L I6 we swap them because the Dana 35s are weak for that engine, where it be towing, bigger tires or off roading, D35 and I6 don't go well together. some people may never have any issues with their D35s with the stuff listed above but I upgraded because i don't want to risk it. Dad's MJ is pretty much going to be street use only so it will be stack for the most part so the D35 is still ok for that.

you should not have any issues being that you have the 2.5L I4.

My answer is just a general cover all answer, don't spend any money on the D35. if it breaks, up grade to a D44, Ford 8.8 or Chrysler 8.25

That makes sense anout the i6 and d35 but idk I'm curious as to how much valuable the comanche would be with the d44 nut I live in miami comanches don't really hold value alot of people down here favor wranglers more and they see the comanche as just another work truck...sucks but thats life down here but I don't plan to sell my comanche any time soon and its a project on a rise...thanka for the info guys big help