97 Front end Conversion Question?? HELP?!?!?

offroader461

hey guys...i got another dilema to deal with and this one is my 'manche....now i love the look of the 97 front end on the comanche's make them look real sweet....now i have my stock front end with the fiberglass fenders already installed here are my options:

1. Should i replace my header panel with a stock replacement(mine is damaged)?

2. Replace my header panel with the +97 panel and keep my fiberglass flares?

3. Replace my entire frontend with the +97 header, fenders and all the other goodies?

I dunno what to do I'm kinda torn between all 3 decisions LOL lemme know which would be the best...ill get some more recent pics of my MJ up soon...THX JEEP ON!!!

I believe you have to replace the fenders if you put the new header panel on, cause it lines up differently.

It does line up differently, but there's a work-around.

On the older fenders, where they transition from vertical to horizontal there's a sort of hard bevel. The new style ('97+) has a rounded contour at that point. If you mount a new style header panel against old style fenders, that rounded upper/outer corner stick out beyond the bevel.

The work-around is to fill in behind that rounded corner on the header before you install it. Fill it with bondo and chopped fiberglass, or something like that. Be sure to fill it solid, with no voids.

Once you mount the new header, you just take a body file to the outer corner and contour it to match the bevel on the fenders. It doesn't require much, and once it's finished 99.7% of people who see it will never pick up on what you did.