Other solutions for cab corner rust

I think it's time to give my faithful Comanche some much deserved love. First on the to-do list is the body.

Has anyone used a cab corner replacement that wasn't a NOS piece of sheet metal or cut off a donor Comanche? I was thinking maybe other trucks from the era might have similarly shaped cab corners that could be cut off. I was also considering patching it to be square or one flat angled piece of sheet metal. It wouldn't look stock, but probably pretty neat.

hows your rockers then? Cause if they are toast then you might just want to cut it all out and use 2x4 square tube and interrogate it for some rock sliders then patch the cab corners into that and kill two birds with one stone. maybe post a pic and get some other ideas that way.

hows your rockers then? Cause if they are toast then you might just want to cut it all out and use 2x4 square tube and interrogate it for some rock sliders then patch the cab corners into that and kill two birds with one stone. maybe post a pic and get some other ideas that way.

This :yes: