Didnt buy a comanche

OffRoadOhio

I am sorry to say that I didnt buy a comanche for my first jeep project. however I originaly went to a guys house to look at his $500 comanche. It fired right up and ran great, but the body was in pretty sad shape, so I asked about the two cherokee's he had for sale...

First, 1987 Cherokee with towpackage, 4.0 with 5speed... totaly rust free....

the bad..... guy sold the 44 rear from it so he bolted a crapper35 in.( nothing a ford axle won't fix :toast: )... and its been flopped on concrete... so the front right fender is beat up ( nothing a chop can't fix) the draglink end is broken (which cuased the flop) the right windhsield pillar is pushed down a tag which broke the windshield.... front door is tweaked from the pillar, and the rear is pushed in a little from the swingaway tire carrier.... I can still see myself in the paint....! Also when the tow truck drug it back over thier cable slit the oil pan at the top.... we did ad oil and listen to it run, smooth as can be, with about 148k...

Next, 87 cherokee with 2.5L automatic, runs but seems to have a vaccum leak... (won't idle right) ash grey color same as the other, pretty solid body...

Comes with an extra auto and tcase the guy had from another project...

Picked up for for an even $500 both with titles, and to top it off, in exchange for the 5spoke factory jeep aluminum wheels on the 4.0 jeep, the guy is going to deliver one from dayton ohio to my place, leaving me to only have to go and get one....

So the 4.0 one becomes my fulltime trail rig and I may fix and resell the 2.5L one or, sell my mazda protege, and use it as a DD....

Wish the comanche would have been better but couldnt pass the deal up for to xj's for the price of the mj...

Also when the tow truck drug it back over thier cable slit the oil pan at the top.... we did ad oil and listen to it run, smooth as can be, with about 148k...

:shock: Really?

That takes chutzpah.

Sounds like you have enough there to put together a decent rig (at least). Check the r&p's on that '87 with the 2.5/auto. If that trans is an AW4, you should have 4.56's sitting under it :D

Jeff