Turn signal problems

On 5/21/2012 at 4:42 PM, cruiser54 said:

Do the hazard flashers work?

I'm having the same issue. except my hazards work. i changed the turn signal switch behind the steering wheel. any opinions. also winshield wipers do not work either. 1987 jeep comanche . 4.0 L V6  manual transmission

• 1 year later...

Just got an 87 4.0 manual 4x4. Lots of problems! The only exterior lights that work are the headlights.  No turn signals, hazards, running, tail, brake, reverse. No gauge cluster lights. The clock works but the hour goes up like it’s counting seconds. Speedo doesn’t work. The indicator lights left of gauges doesn’t light up. Blower only works on the 3rd setting. Radio needs to be rewired but works sometimes. Parking brake doesn’t work. 3rd and 4th gear are a little crunchy especially when downshifting. Plenty of other issues but that’s what I’ve found so far. 

Please help! 

Check the fuse box

35 minutes ago, Tomanche said:

Just got an 87 4.0 manual 4x4. Lots of problems! The only exterior lights that work are the headlights.  No turn signals, hazards, running, tail, brake, reverse. No gauge cluster lights. The clock works but the hour goes up like it’s counting seconds. Speedo doesn’t work. The indicator lights left of gauges doesn’t light up. Blower only works on the 3rd setting. Radio needs to be rewired but works sometimes. Parking brake doesn’t work. 3rd and 4th gear are a little crunchy especially when downshifting. Plenty of other issues but that’s what I’ve found so far. 

Please help! 

Also check the column to make sure it's connected, clock sounds oike the hour adjust button is stuck. Blower is the blower motor resistor or fan switch. Lots of info around, also start a build thread and add your Vin to the registry

I changed all the fuses to new ones. New flasher and hazard relay. Unplugged and replugged in the column. Nothing changed. 

Also the rear passenger upper shock mount broke off. Not sure what to do with that.  And it jiggles a little bit when it gets up to speed. 

• 1 year later...