Random Stalling

Hi Guys, I visit the site frequently but never posted anything... til now, cause I have run into a small problem.

I have a 88 MJ, 4.0 auto, 4x4 has 230k mils (been told motor was replaced but don't no for sure)... I have just replaced the exhaust manifold. After doing project and getting it all back together, I have a random stalling issue.

It happened when I first started it up, it would just start up and shut off. After about 6 times or so, it started up and stayed running and sounded fine. The next day i started and moved it, was fine again. went out later and would start up and stall again, did this maybe 15 times, then started and stayed running. After maybe 15 minutes, stalled and would start and shut off again. Whenever it does stall, you can't even keep it running by reving it up.

The truck ran great when i parked it to do the exhaust manifold. I sprayed some starting fluid around and checked for vacuum leeks while it was running and found nothing. Had a CPS put in maybe 3-5k mile ago.

Any Ideas you can give me would be greatly appreciated because I just don't no where to start since since it isn't doing it all the time. Thanks

Well I checked the cps wires, They were not on the exhaust at all but I unplugged it and ran it even further away from the exhaust. Also checked and cleaned the wires on the ballast resistor but they were on ok as well. So far it hasn't stalled today, so I hope it stays that way. Thanks again for your help.

Possible vacumn leak. My 89 was doing the exact same thing for past two weeks.

Found the problem at the vacumn line at the rear center of valve cover. The small line in the orfice was loose in the hole and loseing vacumn, or would come out completely when I hit a bump or the engine rocked a little at shut off. I pulled it out and wapped a little elec. tape around the end and forced it into the hole so it was a tight fit. Have had no problems last couple days. Starts like it should and doesn't die anymore.