Loud squeaking from water pump pulley

I have a 91 mj with 230000 miles runs great but it just started squeaking from water pump pulley I sprayed wd 40 near the pulley bearings and it stops.But it comes back shortly no water leak or overheating any ideas I'm not a mechanic at all I just know the basics

The bearing on the pump can go south without leaking...for now. You could also just be getting some WD-40 on the belt, and covering a loose belt noise. If it is the pump it will eventually start leaking. Take the belt off and rotate the pulley, all the pulleys. They should all roll smoothly. Feel for play back/forth, side/side around the WP pulley. There should not be any play.

Simple to replace a water pump...and they're not expensive. Just make sure you buy a NEW pump, not a re-manufactured pump.

it happen to once I spray some WD-40 on the pulley it stop but next day it started to make noise again I bought this spray for special for serpentine Belts spray it and turn on the engine it was still making noise but like 5 10 minutes after it completely stop making noise until today. jamminz.gif

Thanks guys I'm going to give those things a try.I might just start with a new belt it looks like it's been on there awhile if not then the pump. Is the pump hard to change out?What do you think about these high flow pumps?