What lift for MJ

You will need a 6 inch lift to clear 33's without fender trim. 4.5 will clear them with some fender trimming up front. I have a Motion Offroad 4.5 lift on 32's and it's my daily driver/ weekend warrior. It does great and rides great on the road. It isn't stiff riding and rides just as well as it did stock.

6 to 6.5" is prefect for 33s. gives the look and function you want. 4.5 and 33s is okay too and like mentioned. youll have to trim. i don't blame you on not wanting RC. i only got it because it came with Hell Creek springs. (good springs and you get a discount). it really depends on what you want to spend. it can go from Rustys to Rock Krawler to anything thatll work on the front of an XJ will work on the front of an MJ.

i went RK but i wasnt too worried with my budget

edit: you know what. i take that back. there are several guys running RC long arm kits on XJs and love em. i however hated the ride i got from my 4.5 coils and the shocks went dead almost immediately.

When it comes to howmuch lift you need to clear 33's it really depends on what look you like, how you wheel, and how you setup your suspension. We typically recommend 4.5" for 33's, and 6.5" for 35's. If you setup your suspension correctly (or buy a kit that includes everything needed for the height your lifting), use bumpstops, and don't go with a crazy offset wheel you'll be fine with 33's on a 4.5" lift. Heck many of us here run 33's on a 3.5" lift with VERY MINIMAL trimming on the XJ's/MJ's.

I know it's not a MJ, but here is Rebecca's XJ on 33's with only a 3.5" lift and MINIMAL trimming on the front only. She's now on longarms with same lift and scores a 890 on a 30deg RTI ramp and the Jeep is wheeled often. It's all how you setup your suspension....

100_1975.jpg

I know it's not a MJ, but here is Rebecca's XJ on 33's with only a 3.5" lift and MINIMAL trimming on the front only. She's now on longarms with same lift and scores a 890 on a 30deg RTI ramp and the Jeep is wheeled often. It's all how you setup your suspension....

That would be interesting to see,that would mean lifting a tire around 45" from the ground.

That would be interesting to see,that would mean lifting a tire around 45" from the ground.

Not sure about height of tire off the ground, but she drove 90" up the ramp. If my math is correct with the WB of an XJ at 101" ; 90 / 101 x 1000 = 891

Your math is right,90" up the ramp would put the tire 45" off the ground.

That's a lot of flex,there's XJs out there with linked rears that don't score that high.

So if it was really a 30 degree ramp that's pretty impressive.