Brake parts

Does anyone know where I can find the equalizer bars for the e-brake for my 86 Comanche? I talked to a guy from Auto Z...and he really knew his stuff, he also owns a Wrangler, but no match in the store. He did a lot of work trying to help me, but couldn't. Any help would be apreciated. The springs at the back of mine were welded by a PO. Who knows why. I was doing a brake job, and the shoes would not compress enough to put the drum back on...a 2nd opinion pointed out that the springs were welded on. What The ???? Also, I removed ALL of the lug nuts last Sat., spent about an hour hacking, tearing & ripping off that tin crap that passes for CHROME. Got them all off, greesed them and put them back on. So tonight all but one came off......one week!!!!!! It striped! I spent about an hour and a 1/2 hammering/chisinig to get it off while my buddy was trying to figure out why the drum wouldnt fit back on. Pics to come! After 4 hours we called it a night. A great end to a long week. :cheers:

Junk yard. I recently discovered that same part was missing from the drum brakes in my rear 44 (hence no E brake, thanks PO)

and I couldn't find it at the part stores. I went to the dealer but he couldn't spell Comanche without the VIN much less find a part for one. The brakes were shot any way so I decided instead of spending the cash on rebuilding the drums to do a disk conversion.

i don't remember the part number as it was a while ago that I replaced it, but I took the old bar into advance auto and was able to track down a replacement using their big books behind the counter. It wasn't for a jeep IIRC it was for either GM or Ford but was able to get it and it worked wonderfully. Only thing I had to do was take a file to the inside of the bar where it mounts on the shoes as the coating on the new shoes was a little to thick.