Chit Chat

Finally got my MJ up and running the way I want it.......with the possible exception of a rear axle swap in the future.

So it's off to body work and paint then maybe in the fall I'll redo the interior.

Got my sub box built last night.

Tonight I got the decals off.....was hesitant but they had to come off for paint anyway. I actually like it better now. Hair dryer works wonders.

Eventually I'm going to strip the interior to run wires for the amp and remove the rear slider for paint etc... I got a couple of rolls of this insulation for free from my aunt, her company uses it to insulate hot tubs. It's a type of bubble rap but it's foil, I'm considering using in under all the interior panel and floor as a sound insulator, applied with metal HVAC tape.

Couple things I gotta figure out yet-

How to you remove/install the drip rails?

The Jeep emblem on the header panel at the hood......Is it clipped or bolted on from behind?

Pretty sure the JEEP emblem on the header panel is just stuck on there. Should pry off fairly easy but be careful not to break them.

Each one of the letters on the header panel has two little plastic "studs". If they've never been removed they'll also have the little push on fasteners on the inside. Like a mean little washer with teeth that grip on to the studs. You have to be careful not to break the little studs while pulling off the "washers". If you crane your neck and look behind the top of the header panel (flashlight helps here) you can see how they work.

When I re-installed mine I just put a dab of black adhesive RTV on each stud and pushed them back on. The other badges use the double sided tape stuff and have no studs. I used the same RTV to re-install and it's worked fine.

Pretty sure the JEEP emblem on the header panel is just stuck on there. Should pry off fairly easy but be careful not to break them.

Each one of the letters on the header panel has two little plastic "studs". If they've never been removed they'll also have the little push on fasteners on the inside. Like a mean little washer with teeth that grip on to the studs. You have to be careful not to break the little studs while pulling off the "washers". If you crane your neck and look behind the top of the header panel (flashlight helps here) you can see how they work.

When I re-installed mine I just put a dab of black adhesive RTV on each stud and pushed them back on. The other badges use the double sided tape stuff and have no studs. I used the same RTV to re-install and it's worked fine.

That's what I thought about the studs...........Anyone have a lead on replacement badge for the front? I'd like new ones.

The badges on the sides will be replaced with custom decals.

Thanks.