RENIX/OBD1 Alternator Cross Compatibility

Hey guys,

My truck started growling at me lastnight, I had thought it had something to do with my recent transmission swap, however the culprit appears to be that my alternator appears to have...cracked in half. Which also lead me to find that my coolant bottle is cracked as well. :X open cooling system swap time?

I have two good spare alternators for my 91 Cherokee, which is OBD1. I know that the wiring connections are different, but I'm good at soldering and was hoping to find out if I can just somehow wire it to work with the Renix? I don't want to have to buy a new one if I don't have to, money is tight right now and bills are due. Especially considering I have two of the things and possibly can acquire a third.

Thanks in advance!

My two theories are that either a piece of road debris struck it, or it was struck when the PO swapped the motors. There's a sizeable chunk missing from the case right on the exposed portion and I'm assuming the tension of the serpentine belt eventually caused the crack to splinter. The noise got significantly worse upon tightening of the belt.