1990 MJ For Sale

alex_and_sean

It has come time now to probably sell my MJ. It is a 1990, 5spd, 4wd, 4.0L I6 with about 102,000 miles. It has a clean title. I love this truck but the pedals are too close together for my son to drive safely so we have picked up an XJ automatic for him. I don't know what to ask for it. I put on a new cat-back exhaust, new shocks, 2 doors off of a 95 XJ so that all the hardware and windows work, new ignition coil, extra electric thermostat-controlled fan, and many other repairs where I ended up learning what to do on the XJ. It has the usual rusted out rear flares at the bed and has some rust out on the stamped frame rails. I did replace the floor pans on both sides but the rockers are also pretty much gone but patched with aluminum diamond plate. Also, it does not have AC.

I have attached a few pictures (I hope). Your honest impression and suggestions are welcome. I also have a set of rock rails that I took off that I plan to sell that could stay with the MJ.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry about not having a price. The purpose of the post was to get some flavor for what I should be asking. I have gone to Kelly Blue Book but I don't think those prices are all that correct since it only goes back to 1992. I have looked at Ebay and some craigs list postings and I see numbers ranging from $1500 - $3000. I don't think this is worth $3k; maybe $2k? I am not sure which is why I posted up.

Thanks

Sean

I am sorry about not having a price. The purpose of the post was to get some flavor for what I should be asking. I have gone to Kelly Blue Book but I don't think those prices are all that correct since it only goes back to 1992. I have looked at Ebay and some craigs list postings and I see numbers ranging from $1500 - $3000. I don't think this is worth $3k; maybe $2k? I am not sure which is why I posted up.

Thanks

Sean

Asking for $2,000 is not unreasonable because of the low mileage, but expect to get lower offers due to the rust.

Archived