another exhaust question

Does anyone have any idea who make the best (flow) muffler and cat for a (steeet legal....I'm not in California) a 4.6 liter stroker in my 88' Short bed build?

I will probably go with the Walker pipes just for simplicity sake, but as far as the Cat and muffler are concerned I am curious what other people are doing and how the different brands stack up. What is the concensus???....Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Gale Banks. Others????? I have a Banks revolver header to go on.

Years ago I had the Borla system (header, cat back) all in 409$$$stainless on my 89 Cherokee. Other than sounding great, I can't say I was otherwise impressed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bob in Denver

most aftermarket mufflers should all flow about the same. Especially since our engines don't really exceed 6k rpms. if you really want to split hairs, go with a straight-through design.

but for cats, there are some hi-flow cats out there. I would go with one of them for sure. :thumbsup:

Do you have headers? On mine, the Flowmaster and Magnaflow caused droning problems at certain RPMs that drove me nuts. Finally ended up with a free-flow cat and a Walker Sound FX w. 2.5" in and dual 2.6" out. Works well and no droning, nice sound too.

I will be running a gale banks "revolver" header.

Interesting comment about the Walker Muffler....

You do not have a part number for that item by chance??

thanks!

I don't remember, did it long ago. But unless you are planning duals from the muffler on out, the part number won't do you much good.