CB Radio Antenna Wiring..

Hey guys,

I finally have my MJ gutted out, only found like 2 surface rust spots under the carpet, the rest looks brand new. I was thinking that if I have the carpet out, I might as well wire my Cb radio in and was wondering how you guys wired your antenna, I was thinking on my rear bumper, but not sure how I'm going to get it out of the cab (was thinking where e-brake cable goes but won't fit through grommet).

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!

Mike

Well i put mine on my rollbar. i went right out the back of the cab between that and the box. drilled a hole used a rubber grommet from the hardware store and a little caulk can't tell its there beside looking between the cab and the box. i ran it behind the seat belt panel and under the kick panel by the door. If that helps at all.

Thanks guys, helps a lot. And I do have a SWR meter, if I remember how to work it haha. I noticed when I went back to look at the floor after the carpet was out that there was a hole looking at the floor, but the other side had a grommet in the same spot, it was right under the seat (where your butt would be). I guess that would be a good spot and just get a grommet?

The rear bumper is the most convenient, therefore the most used place for mounting any antenna. It's also the worst place to mount one performance wise. The truck body acts as a ground plane for the signal and when the antenna isn't centered then it warps the directional pattern. The best place is centered as much as possible on the truck. Usually this means a whole in the roof, which many folks don't want to do. The second best method is make a mount coming off the front of the bed with the base off the antenna even with, or slightly above the cab roof.There are several rubber plugs on the floor and bottom of the cab. Run the cable through one of them.

Normally you just use it for tuning but You can leave it hooked up if you choose. It won't harm anything if you do.

If your in need of dual antennas let me know. I have a pair of wilson 3ft tuneable tips with ground wires. Brand new never installed. Ordered them from amazon but decided I wanted 2ft instead. Was just going to ship em back unless your interested.