Customish 5.5" lift idea

Thinking about using Rustys 4.5" leaf pack with custom shackles and a 1" puck in the front.

Rustys 4.5" leaf pack kit

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.m ... K-405SP-MJ

Adjustable shackles

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/RLS.html

1" pucks

Unsure of what brand to get something that will last and is halfway decent price wise.

See this now

viewtopic.php?p=336810#p336810

The rustys kit is designed for stock shackles so I plan on putting the adjustable shackles at about an inch over stock/enough to match the front, I'll ask rusty there if he can throw in/upgrade me to some longer shocks depending on the length of the ones provided.

I want to stay SUA so no SOA setups, I also am probably going to need leaf springs as mine are pretty flat and shackles as mine a few of them are rusted through.

Any ideas or foreseen problems with this proposed setup?

Any ideas or foreseen problems with this proposed setup?

yes. Rustys 4.5" leaf packs SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! look up hellcreek.

Really? I've never had a problem with anything from rustys, also I've looked at hellcreek they are rather expensive $188 a piece plus shipping. I could get a shop to make me a better custom pack for the same or even a bit cheaper local.

I'll see If I can piece together a better kit but I'd like to stay under $1000

i had mine for about 8 months. only had 2 trips on them. broke a leaf and it took them 5 MONTHS to replace it. hidden in that 5 months were numerous phone calls. they claimed they shipped it 3 different times. i threatened Rusty to bash him on every website possible. he shipped them the next day...

Lower control arms

* RE3720 - * $219.99 - * Free Shipping - * Comments: Is there a big difference between the RE3720 and the RE3715?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16312_103.htm

Front Coil Springs

* RE1310 - *$88.28 - * Free Shipping - * Comments: None.

http://mudflaps.com/i-7093384-rubicon-e ... -pair.html

Trac Bar

* RE1600 - * $144.56 - * Free Shipping - * Comments: None.

http://mudflaps.com/i-7093469-rubicon-e ... ep-tj.html

Heckethorn MJ RC9000 Series Shocks - 6" Lift

* 9177/9111 - * $139.80 - * $17.95 Shipping - * Comments: None.

http://roughcountry.com

Adjustable Shackles

* Adjustable - * $129.50 - * $14.00 Shipping - *Comments: None.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/RLS.html

Ubolts

* RE2421 - * $37.99 - * Free Shipping - * Comments: Any other recommended, maybe cheaper?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_5231.htm

Leaf springs

*Hellcreak 4.5" leaf pack - * $ 377.56 - * $65.83 Shipping

http://hellcreeksuspensions.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional lower control arms

88-DUROMETER POLY BOTH ENDS - * $179.50 - * $22.00 Shipping

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Products/LCA-F.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subtotal = $1137.68

Shipping = $97.78

Total = $1235.46

Also I still need 1" pucks more than likely

i just put a 3" set of hellcreek spring in and i love them. the ride is great and the over quality was great. they where a bit pricey but i saw alot of negatives on line about some of the other guys

i had mine for about 8 months. only had 2 trips on them. broke a leaf and it took them 5 MONTHS to replace it. hidden in that 5 months were numerous phone calls. they claimed they shipped it 3 different times. i threatened Rusty to bash him on every website possible. he shipped them the next day...

Yeah I looked around a bit more and all I saw were people complaining that the kit was $#!&. So I put together this viewtopic.php?p=336810#p336810 Check it out.

i just put a 3" set of hellcreek spring in and i love them. the ride is great and the over quality was great. they where a bit pricey but i saw alot of negatives on line about some of the other guys

See the above in this post and also check out the kit I added up

viewtopic.php?p=336810#p336810

looks simular to mine just a little taller lol. you might want to checkout COMANCHEROB on this sight he mans the phones at 4WD hardware he can get you set up with 10% off with comancheclub plus free shipping. i went with the Rubicon Express 3.5" front coils and the super flex lowers and adj track bar along with RE nito shockes front and back and a set of JKS dicos. but your bottom line looks better than mine. i think i got out the cyber door for just under $1500.00.

as far as the hellcreek springs tom the owner set me up with the u-bolts and and extention rod for the rear portioning valve for around $38.00

looks simular to mine just a little taller lol. you might want to checkout COMANCHEROB on this sight he mans the phones at 4WD hardware he can get you set up with 10% off with comancheclub plus free shipping. i went with the Rubicon Express 3.5" front coils and the super flex lowers and adj track bar along with RE nito shockes front and back and a set of JKS dicos. but your bottom line looks better than mine. i think i got out the cyber door for just under $1500.00.

as far as the hellcreek springs tom the owner set me up with the u-bolts and and extention rod for the rear portioning valve for around $38.00

Thanks, yeah it seems you either pay $500 for a crap kit or close to $1500 for a good one, I'm going with 5.5" as I want to fit some 33x10.5x15s without trimming or if I have to very little, I also don't plan to upgrade the suspension for many years. As far as the ubolts go I might end up doing that. As far as shocks how do you like your JKS? I've heard good things about the nitro 9000 series but I've also heard great things about the JKS dicos. I put the nitro 9000s in there as I'm most familiar with them and they are a pretty decent price.

The one thing I forgot were longer brake lines.

i went with the rubicon express shocks and the jks discos. i have only had the truck back on the road for a couple of days and its going in for an alignment tomorow but i have put about 35 mile on it and so far the ride on the street is very good. the jks discos came highly recomended but the guys in my local 4wd club. i like like them, they where easy to install and very easy to disengauge the sway bar. very heavy duty

Ive never found a cheap white double tube shock that did not ride like crap. Spend the extra money to get good shock the first time. Both jeeps I tried cheap shocks on I ended up replacing the shocks pretty quickly due to the rough ride and wasted $150 in the process each time. Never again! OME or Bilstein only from now on

Is there a big difference between the RE3720 and the RE3715?

YES. RE3720 are SuperRide, RE3715 are SuperFlex. The difference is the bushing on one end. The SR is just a rubber (actually PTMEG now) bushing, and the SR has the RE Flex Joint in it. Depending on what your using your MJ for one may be better than the other.

RE1600

Please do not buy this trackbar. Your better off without a trackbar than this one. The RE1600 is junk and we've seen nothing but problems with it. If you want to run a RE trackbar run the RE1660/RE1665 combo. I'd recommend for the $ to go with the Rock Krawler Bomb-Proof setup.

Just a FYI, you don't need 5.5" of lift to fit a 33x10.5 without trimming on the MJ's. We fit 33x12.5 on XJ/MJ's all day without trimming with only 3.5-4" of lift.

Depending on what your using your MJ for one may be better than the other.

It's going to be a daily driver with some pretty moderate stuff opn the weekends, no rock crawling really.

Please do not buy this trackbar. Your better off without a trackbar than this one. The RE1600 is junk and we've seen nothing but problems with it. If you want to run a RE trackbar run the RE1660/RE1665 combo. I'd recommend for the $ to go with the Rock Krawler Bomb-Proof setup.

Thanks for the recommendations I'll look into it.

Just a FYI, you don't need 5.5" of lift to fit a 33x10.5 without trimming on the MJ's. We fit 33x12.5 on XJ/MJ's all day without trimming with only 3.5-4" of lift.

I know The extra inch probably wouldn't make a difference and will be overkill, but I plan on lifting this truck once and never having to swap in a new kit. I might upgrade some of the parts later on but I don't plan on redoing the whole suspension system which is why I can to go for 5.5" instead of 4.5" to give it a little meaner of a look. I mainly said that because When the truck is fully flexed I want to be able to stuff the tire all the way up in the wheel well.

Also two other things Motion Offroad what do you recommend as far as shocks go I've only read good things about the nitro 9000 series, I know many people like the bilsteins on their truck but at $80 a pop it'll be $320+ shipping for them which Unless they can make me breakfast while riding comfortably is pretty out of my price range.

And the other thing I wish there was an easier way to get a shipping quote on your site.

It's going to be a daily driver with some pretty moderate stuff opn the weekends, no rock crawling really.

SR will ride better, SF will flex better and require more maintenance long-term. We run the SF on our rigs (even daily drivers) and are happy with them. It just comes down to personal preference I guess.

I know The extra inch probably wouldn't make a difference and will be overkill, but I plan on lifting this truck once and never having to swap in a new kit. I might upgrade some of the parts later on but I don't plan on redoing the whole suspension system which is why I can to go for 5.5" instead of 4.5" to give it a little meaner of a look. I mainly said that because When the truck is fully flexed I want to be able to stuff the tire all the way up in the wheel well.

Uptravel isn't always everything. Rebecca's XJ here runs 33x12.5 on a RE3.5" kit and with the suspension setup properly she's scoring a 890 on a 30deg. RTI ramp. Once again personal preference; we just like to get the COG as low as possible for a much more stable rig both on & off road.

Also two other things Motion Offroad what do you recommend as far as shocks go I've only read good things about the nitro 9000 series, I know many people like the bilsteins on their truck but at $80 a pop it'll be $320+ shipping for them which Unless they can make me breakfast while riding comfortably is pretty out of my price range.

There is a reason why people like the Bilstein 5100's so well... I'd recommend it for the best bang for the buck anyday over anything else. If they are out of your budget than you need to look at shocks that are within in. The main thing to look at is Hydro vs. Nitro. Each have their pros/cons. Nitro's typically are more expensive and for the most part seem to have a better ride quality. You can spend as much as you want on lift components, have the best products on the market, and if you don't have a quality set of shocks it'll still ride like poo.

And the other thing I wish there was an easier way to get a shipping quote on your site.

If your wanting to place a larger order best thing is to give us a call as we can typically work with you on shipping as our online system calculates it per-item. Plus we offer a CC discount on most orders via phone as well if you mention it.