GRRR Some A Hole hit my MJ

sinned96

That is a great price, better take the $$$ and run. In my NADA lookup I can only go back to 88 and that is a lot less then $1,700. On my end it looks like $700 for you truck, so the day you get the check better cash it and run with the money :D

Charles

So far they offered to pay 50% of the 2500 dollars damage on the truck. Cause the guys story didn't match with mine and they tried to say there was previous damage to the bed. I told them no. So they are investigating it a little further. I should be hearing from them today. All I want is a straight rust free body like I used to have.

if you haven't already, call your insurance company.

They'll likely let you talk with someone there that can help you out with the legal aspect of things.

My wife's car was hit, and the other insurance company balked at the repairs, it's a 97 camry.

I called state farm, they put me in touch with one of their legal counsel, he explained what the other insurance company was liable for, and then made a phone call to their rep on my behalf.

THe situation got sorted out quickly then.

• 3 weeks later...

They ended up paying me $938.94 for the damage on my MJ. I keep the truck with no salvage title. Not bad considering I paid $600 for the truck 5 years ago. They told me the value of the truck before it was wrecked was $1975. Now it's time to get the big hammer out till i find a bed for it.

• 3 months later...

Soooooooo Sorry for the delay. Four months later, Computer is now virus free, along with a complete reformatting of the hard drive. Here are the photos:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

As per my orginal promise, $100 for the bed, no tailgate or tail lights included (I called dibs for my project). Southern truck, not rusted out or any road salt cancer.

• 2 weeks later...

Better make it soon. Talked to my brother this past weekend. The truck is sitting in the back of an apartment parking lot, and the landlord is getting tired of looking at it. Landlord has been patient with him because of Katrina, but now wants to get the parking lot cleared out, as his apartments are now mostly restored, and he is ready to rent. Needs the spots for new tenants. Act within the next few weeks or its scraped!

• 3 weeks later...