Squeak when I let off gas

It just started to do this yesterday, but whenever I let off the gas I can hear a prominent squeal from the engine bay. As soon as I hit the gas again, it stops immediately. I played around with it and just tapped the gas a few times in a row, and it immediately starts and stops as I hit the gas. It also doesnt do it when I'm under 25 or 30mph.

Any ideas?

If you just moved accessories around and changed the belt i would start there. can't hurt anything by giving the belt a slight adjustment either wayto see whatthe reaction is. I would guess it needs to be a tad tighter. Tried putting your defrost or acon if you have it. The ac clutch kicking in will bring out a loose belt squeal right away.

• 3 weeks later...

a couple of new symptoms on this, the sound NEVER gets quieter as the speed goes down, and I found that when it happens is directly linked to how many rpms i have. if its over 2000, it squeals. But again, only when I'm driving and let off the gas. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
May e check over your bolts on the manifold and make sure theyre all snug. Ive had leaks from the runners closest to the radiator.

You, sir, were absolutely correct. :bowdown: Went back and checked all my bolts and, wow, did they loosen up after I did that repair. It was easy to turn the lot of them.

It also probably didn't help that my intake tube from the box the the manifold had slipped off a bit.