1990 2.5L Idle speed control motor?/question for the "gurus"

Hey all,

A question for the "gurus" I'm wondering if anyone can confirm if this is the correct part. In the Haynes manual, it is refered to as the Idle speed actuator motor. It sure looks similar to the one in my truck. Also...Anyone know if there is a cheaper source for this part? I found a post with the factory part number, and an "aftermarket" number, but all the local parts stores cannot find any relation to that number in the search function...

-Erin

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catal ... 0336299362

That is a Renix idle speed actuator for a 4 cyl. A lot of the Renix specific TBI parts are crazy expensive so I grabbed a complete throttle body at the JY as a spare. When I sold my '87 I stripped the parts off the spare TBI and sold them on this site. I sold my ISA for $30 shipped, which I thought was a great deal.

1987Comanche....Ok, I wasn't sure on the cut-off date on Renix stuff. Looks like 1990 is still renix....(I had to look it up) lsmurphy....Can't afford the whole TBI, aside from the fact that everything else is working fine, and I can replace just the ISA motor.

-E.

Edit- Is an ISA from a JY really a good idea?

Edit- Is an ISA from a JY really a good idea?

Both of the ISAs I pulled from the JY worked just fine (the one on the '87 was dead when I bought her). Most of the u-pull-its have a 30 day warranty on parts and, for $15 vs $150 new I figured I had nothing to lose. If you found multiple Renix 2.5s in the yard I'd take the cleanest/driest one but chances are you'll be lucky to find a single donor.

Most likely correct. I also seem to be the only Comanche owner in Mpls MN. Ha! I figure at $75 the price is not too bad. (about on par with what my wife's toyota parts cost) Plus, the U-pull it places both are over an hour away so, If I count in gas money and time spent.

-E.