electric fan wont kick on

I guess the truck is doing just as it is supposed to do then. :dunno: I am still going to try and find a different sensor for the fan though, now that I have actually found it. I am kinda in same boat as Ismurphy, here i like things to run a little on the cool side. Running in the mud in south florida in the middle of the summer can get an engine perty hot.

When I did the gauge swap in my 92, my temperature was right at the redline on the gauge. So I figured I needed to put an aux fan in because I didn't have one. I also put a new radiator and pump in. It still ran at the high mark on the gauge. Thing was it didn't act or smell like it was running that hot. So I grabbed my brothers infrared temp gauge and checked it out and it was 210 at the thermostat housing, 230 right around the exhaust ports and about 185 down on the block by the distributor.

I was never able to get the aux fan running and now that I saw what it was running at I didn't worry about it anymore. It's been running fine through all sorts of weather for 8 months now.

So check your actual temps with an infrared temp gauge before you do anything else.

You'll save yourself a ton of aggravation. :smart:

Read. Learn.

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/auxfan.htm

this guy offers an excellent option to a straight foward toggle switch.

I did mine just TONIGHT, and it works great. I can try and post pictures for those who are interested.

Unforately the truck is still running warm even with the fan going, I think I will just do a thorough coolant system flush and see what happens. Think Clorx/Bleach would be a good idea?