89 XJ Limited, 2dr. leather power seats

They are hard to find in good shape. My local yard had a set a few years back from a XJ Limited, power/leather, just like those. I bolted one in and it was to high for me. It sat about two inches taller than my standard Larado XJ buckets. If you're about 5' tall they might work for you though. :D

Those are 4dr seats put into a 2dr. The only lever those have is for the recline feature, but they don't have the lever to release them to tilt forward to allow access to the back seat.

Kittrell says that the leather package was never offered for a 2dr XJ during it's entire production. He defied that notion and built his own for his former '99 XJ using '96 Limited leather seats and 2dr seat hinges. Turned out pretty damn nice.......

Kittrell says that the leather package was never offered for a 2dr XJ during it's entire production. He defied that notion and built his own for his former '99 XJ using '96 Limited leather seats and 2dr seat hinges. Turned out pretty damn nice.......

I have personally seen a 2 dr limited XJ. Wish I would have bought it.

Rob :fs1:

If the leather is showing wear but they are not tore up, the color is easily restored to like new condition. It is painfully easy to do and you will not be able to tell you fixed them. Measure the quality of the seats by the tears only.

I put black leather in mine which dates the donor XJ to around '87 or older. I was not able to use the power seat brackets but everything else bolts in. The height was the same as my previous buckets and bench. I used my bench seat brackets.

My seats are from a 4 door meaning they do not tilt forward. The only time I really care is when I need to stow the jack. Then it is very frustrating. Other than that, when I need to put something behind the seat, I put it behind the passenger seat. No big deal.

I originally had a bench which was very uncomfortable. Then I went to XJ cloth buckets which were a big improvement. The leather seats are by far my favorite. Much better support. Easier to get in and out and much more durable.

My inability to get behind the seats is greatly outweighed by the way the sit. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

By the way, the seats in the BMCars link appears to be something other than factory. I don't know if I am right or not. Recoveredd perhaps.

I have seen a black 2 door limited in my small town. It is a RHD. I have never had an opportunity to look inside it or talk to the owner, but if I do...

I have personally seen a 2 dr limited XJ. Wish I would have bought it.

Rob :fs1:

WOW super rare find Rob! Didn't know that 2 dr and limited could had from the factory.

As was stated up above the power seats are nice but take a lil more space so tall people could have a problem with this.

I have used 95' ZJ leather seats in a 97' XJ I had and liked them over the cloth ones.

I bolted the ZJ leather seats to the manual XJ seat sliders though.

In a MJ I can't see much of need to recline your seats, but nice to have leather seats from a XJ or ZJ in it. :yes:

Troy