Best axle ratio for swap.

I think the point Jeepman is trying to make is that there is no perfect/best gear selection for all driving conditions. And yes, we have the ability to choose gears and tires so that the motor will run the same RPM as stock for any given speed. I ask, do you want it to run like it was stock with the extra wind drag due to a lift, tire weight and winch bumper attached to your rig?

I think there are two slightly different arguments going on at the same time in this thread.

I think you are correct that there are two different discussions (I am not trying to argue) and as always writing it on the internet tends to lose the meaning of how things are ment to be writen especially when your not a writer so to speak and not always get the point across...

I am simply trying to say that No two vehicles are the same and therfore there are always different variable that can not always be foreseen so any calculator will not be acurate hence the statement " it is not a perfect world" I know too many engineers that can figure out everything in a calculation but sometimes when it goes into action changes need to be made because of the unforeseen variables in life and nothing is that straightforward to always be exactly perfect...

I am finished with this and sorry for the confusion as it is obvious there has been some confusion...

I think the point Jeepman is trying to make is that there is no perfect/best gear selection for all driving conditions. And yes, we have the ability to choose gears and tires so that the motor will run the same RPM as stock for any given speed. I ask, do you want it to run like it was stock with the extra wind drag due to a lift, tire weight and winch bumper attached to your rig?

I think there are two slightly different arguments going on at the same time in this thread.

No, Jeepman clearly stated that the relationship between engine speed and road speed changes in wind or when the engine is working harder going uphill. And that's simply not possible unless the clutch or the automatic transmission is slipping.

Here's what he wrote, if you missed it:

Now it is an online calculator and NO calculator should be taken as 100% acurate since they do not cover all variables such as wind and hills etc..

Followed by:

Going uphill or fighting Wind will always cause the engine to work harder maintaining a set speed otherwise you slow down Therfore there are always variables that can not be calculated and we are not talking about thousands of RPM's here...