Aw4 advice?

I've got one I'll sell you with and NP231 attached already and a spare NP231.

I'll include the control module.

$175 + Shipping. It's covered with oil and gunk as my truck used to leak from everywhere.

It shifted good when I pulled it. Converted to manual.

Let me know.

Mike.

If you are converting a 88 2WD to auto/4WD, I'd go with a 91 XJ/MJ and up donor as the AW4s changed from 21 to 23 spline inputs in 91. Or was it 1990? :hmm: Not a big deal depending on how you will be using it, but the 23-spline is more robust and will allow you to utilize the later model t-cases.

I abuse my 87 mercilessly about once a month with 35" tires and dual lockers. The 21 spline output on the transmission has never once been an issue yet. I have grenaded front u joints, busted front axle shafts, broken a front driveshaft at the double cardan joint and twisted a rear driveshaft in half, but the transmission/transfer case have been fine.

$175 with transfer case attached plus a spare case is a good deal.

Mike I'm real interested in your offer let me sit on it for a few as i am getting married this friday. :cheers: ill be in contact with ya for sure. One ? though are all aw4's the same or are there year and fitment differences? Thanks for the reply.

Cool...

Let me know.

I don't know about any differences. This one is out of a 1990.

Congrats on getting married this Friday! :clapping:

I also have the front shaft and a front axle as well I'll sell cheap. (3.07:1)

Linkage, the whole nine yards. I'm parting out a 1990 XJ if you need anything...