Cab corners/quick fix/bondo, or fiberglass resin?

Hey All,

So....I'm clearly not going to get to my rust issues before the cold sets in here. I was wondering if a quick bondo and mesh screen, or fiberglass and resin would help keep crap/salt etc out of my cab corners as to not make them rapidly worse. both corners have holes in the bottom/corner. Preference?

-E.

rust is not yet eating the inner cab corner (or at least THROUGH it) and Id like to keep it that way so next spring I can cut out the cab corners. (already have "new" corners waiting) There is a hole in the bottom of each corner, just want to seal the holes till spring.

-E.

p.s.- I have already scraped/ground off all the rust I could see from the outside, sprayed rust reformer, and a coat of paint to start the protective process....but, I'm pretty sure even the 3M duct tape aint gonna stick through the winter here....

Tape might be worth a try 'if you get desperate'. FWIW, I used some tape to cover a hole in the plastic guard in the wheel front arch, it's been there since fall 2010, it's not peeling off yet and the winter gets pretty messy here. It won't work unless you clean the area to be covered properly first though :cheers:

If it worries you that much, cut the rust out, and then spray bomb any and all areas you can reach with a rust-inhibiting primer.

That's the way I would go. Anything you try to "Seal" is just going to become a crap-trap for stuff to sit and do work. Leave it open, keep it clean.

Like a wound. Don't let it fester. Keep it open and clean.

Rob