Door/Fender. has this happened to you?

Alright... I was taking off my 2 manifolds and its starting to get dark so I decide to be done for the day. I put my tools under the hood and put my MJ in neutral and starts to roll back out of the garage...

I didnt know the horse trailer was so close and I didnt shut the Jeep's door and the drivers door gets caught on the trailer and pushed forward soo far it grinds and bends my front fender.

I now can't shut my door all the way and can't open the door all the way...

Then after I already got mad about that, I pushed the MJ further down my driveway, and I slip and my face slides down the grilland stops at the bumper.... now covered in mud from a different jeep.

Last time this happened with was with my first MJ when it got totaled and I didnt care.

Do I have to get new hinges for the door to fix it? IDK its my only DD and now I'm thinking trail only jeep with no doors..

Karma, what did i do to deserve this all in 1 day?

You probably tore the sheet metal were the hinge is welded to the body,you have to remove the fender and straighten the hinge out then weld it up.

If you end up needing hinges I suggest taking the back door hinges from a wrecking yard XJ. They fit the same and are usually in much better shape then the front hinges.

... put my MJ in neutral and starts to roll back out of the garage...

I didnt know the horse trailer was so close... and I didnt shut the Jeep's door and the drivers door gets caught on the trailer... I now can't shut my door all the way and can't open the door all the way...

Then after I already got mad about that, ...I slip and my face slides down the grilland stops at the bumper.... now covered in mud from a different jeep.

Last time this happened... Last time??? :dunno:

Yeah, ummm, no, this has never happened to me. Probably because a.) I might have learned the first time or, b.) I don't have a horse trailer and c.) I never leave the Jeep in Neutral while it's in the garage at the end of the day in front of the horse trailer with the door open and the remote possibility that my face could get muddied as it slid down the grill of the other Jeep parked in Neutral by the horse trailer by the garage where my Jeep was sitting in Neutral. :nuts: TWICE!!!

Good story though :rotf:

Might need new hinges and new fender. Sorry dude, but this is just freakin hilarious, I know not for you, but it made my day.