Which auto transmission is this?

Picked this up at the junkyard -- was told it would fit my 91 MJ. Anywho, I ended up fixing my old tranny (it was just an overheating problem) but now that I'm looking at this thing, all of the connections are on the opposite side as mine. Anybody know the model of this automatic transmission? I've Googled all of the visible markings already.

Will this work on my MJ? If so, I'll probably save it ;)

MZVcd.jpg

M6kFx.jpg

Thanks!

Zach

The bellhousing bolt pattern doesn't look right for the 4.0 or 2.5.

I believe 94+ ZJs with the 4.0 had a 42RE, but I don't think that one would fit. And even if it did, it'd probably be a PITA to get to work. Plus the 42RE isn't the best auto out there, and that sucker's only 2wd.

You'll be better off finding an AW-4.

:agree: LobsterThief, why would you buy a tranny based on a "I was told by" recommendation from a junk yard guy or whoever? He's doing his job, earning his sell commission. Best time for research is before you buy, not after the purchase. Unless you got it free. C'mon man...

:agree: LobsterThief, why would you buy a tranny based on a "I was told by" recommendation from a junk yard guy or whoever? He's doing his job, earning his sell commission. Best time for research is before you buy, not after the purchase. Unless you got it free. C'mon man...

I know.. I'd used them before and they never wronged me, so I thought it was alright. Plus it was super cheap ($190 with a 100-day warranty). Anywho, I just spoke with them and they said to bring it by and they'll swap it for the correct one or give me my money back :D

Thanks guys.

Zach