4wd vacuum diagram

Just completed the Rusty's 6" fully adjustable front setup on the 4wd conversion. Earlier skyjacker setup that I found at Pick a Part couldn't handle the 6" lift.

Anyway now that I can get the driveshaft in I need to know how the vacuum lines tie into the vacuum source - its been to long since I salvaged all of the lines out of an xj at the junkyard. The transfercase and axle hookups were no problem where do they go after that?

You won't be in 4wd, you just will simply have the front axle shaft locked together so it can't fail to engage when you need it most. Jeep did the CAD thing for the theoretical gas mileage saved, but in reality there's no measurable difference. Heck, the Liberty that I borrow (for towing my MJ) saw no difference between 2wd and Awd on the roads.

yea down the road i am going to swap to a non-disco axle. that is the best thing to do, or just swap that side of the axle shaft. but if you swap to a non-disco axle you can go for a newer upgrade in the process and get bigger and better u-joints. but i have had no problems with the CAD fix or any change in mileage or anything.

Alex

Thanks for all the help. I made the CAD conversion Monday it works like a champ and only took 15 minutes might have been ten but the c-clip deformed and it took a couple of minutes to find one the correct size.

I'll post some pics of the lift as soon as the ice storm in Houston gives up, but it is comforting to know that my 4wd is available now if I need it.

Thanks for all the help. I made the CAD conversion Monday it works like a champ and only took 15 minutes might have been ten but the c-clip deformed and it took a couple of minutes to find one the correct size.

I'll post some pics of the lift as soon as the ice storm in Houston gives up, but it is comforting to know that my 4wd is available now if I need it.

yea the c-clip was a pain, but then again so was sliding the sleeve over. glad it worked for ya.

just wondering. i am not sure how many other people have done the CAD fix since i did mine and did the write up, but did the pics and stuff i posted up help out any? its my first write up and i tried to take pics along the way and everything while trying to keep one hand "clean" so i could use the camera. thanks.

Alex

I did the mod to mine back when I converted it, but I used washers to shim the fork over and left the c-clips in their original positions. It works great but was a pain to keep taking it back apart and adding/sutracting washers until I came up with the correct amount of them. More recently, when I helped Chuck get his new YJ on the road, I modded his CAD like you did, just by moving that one little clip....took about 2 minutes :cheers:

Both times I didn't have my camera, and wanted to take pics. You're writeup is great, and I'm glad you did it. It's kinda difficult to describe exactly what you need to do in words, while a couple pics tell the whole story quite easily.

Jeff