Need 258 Crankshaft and 258 Connecting Rods for Stroker

SGTJHALL

Looking for:

258 Rods

258 Crankshaft

I have looked every where for these and they have been selling on Ebay for extremely expensive of late. No junkyards in my area even carry motors this old, so anybody that can help please let me know

thanks

The older 258 cranks will work, but the snout has to be machined down to fit the harmonic balancer for the serpentine belt. Also, there are lightweight and heavyweight 258 cranks. I'm not sure what vehicles had which, or which one is better for the stroker.

nevermind that sounds like it will cost alot

Machining that snout would be an incredibly small percentage of the money that should be spent on a stroker. Stroking a 4.0 is something you don't do cheaply or half-assedly if you expect it to last any amount of time, or even work.

I have heard that some later models like 87-90 have a 258 crank that the snout is already shortened and will fit the 4.0 without any issues, is this true? Also the weight is different on these crankshaft, will that mater when building my stroker. I also was wondering if all the 87-90 cherokees had this same crank or only certain ones?